“Breakfast with the Police Chief” at the Senior Center
On January 10, Jim Robbins, Town Planner, and Kristen Belanger, Planning Department, attended the “Breakfast with the Police Chief” at the Senior Center. Mr. Robbins explained the purpose of a Master Plan and how the Master Plan Team intends to organize various outreach events in order to gather everyone’s perspective and opinion. Approximately 25 attendees provided their feedback - highlights include community appreciation for:
- Thoughtful, helpful Town employees and selectmen;
- The Senior Center;
- Library Services;
- The Fire Department; and
- Excellent snow removal services.
- Reducing the school burden on seniors on a fixed income;
- Lowering taxes and/or more affordable housing for seniors;
- Improved traffic flow at the intersections of Rogers Road and East Main Street, and at the traffic light at Flanders Road; and
- Expanding the Senior Center as the senior population increases.
Click here for a summary of the feedback we received at this event.
Consultation has concluded